What to Have Ready to Make Your Inspection A Breeze
We spoke to the inspectors at Talon Property Inspections to find out what could make the process easier for them and for helping sellers get a quick and accurate inspection. This is what they told us:
- Make sure there is access to the crawl space and that nothing is blocking the entrance.
- If the home is already vacated, please make sure that all of the utilities are on so they can perform tests on the water, electric, and hvac systems.
- Pull up all the blinds so the windows can easily be checked and opened to check for function and leaks.
- Make sure there is nothing blocking the attic access
- Make sure nothing is blocking the breaker box or any system that needs to be inspected.
- Be gone. Sellers should not be present. The inspection is meant to be an objective assessment of any issues with the home.
Inspectors can’t do their job if things are in the way or inaccessible. This can result in having to pay an inspector to return a second time. To avoid any issues just do a simple walk through of your home on the interior and exterior making sure that the inspector can reach any area of your home.